Health and Safety
- Emergency Preparedness for Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Katherine Bouton
- Preparedness for People who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing (ASL and captions), Connecticut Department of Public Health
- Home Escape Planning and Fire Safety, National Fire Protection Association (ASL, caption, voice)
- PSAP Text-to-911 Readiness (where you can text to 911)
- Emergency Preparedness from National Association of the Deaf.
- Red Cross Preparedness for the Deaf
- Emergency Preparedness Videos in ASL from the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (principles are applicable to all states).
- Emergency Accommodation Card for Deaf People from Health Bridges.
- Emergency Preparedness Kit for Deaf (ASL)
- Weather and All Hazards Radio for Deaf and Hard of Hearing from National Weather Service.
- The Deaf Network of Texas has published a list of "Helpful Emergency Preparedness Apps for Smart Devices" that includes hurricane trackers, traffic and weather alerts, weather radio, The Weather Channel, FEMA assistance and preparedness information, and shelter information.
- Deaf Health: ASL videos explaining illnesses, tests, and a directory of Deaf-friendly doctors.
- Seasonal flu information from the Centers for Disease Control that is available in ASL, from the Texas Deaf Network.
- Kati's Videos: Kati Morton, LMFT, a variety of videos on everyday health, most with captions and ASL.
- Medicare Basics in ASL
- Interacting with Police
Top of Page
Tim Vermande, November 2017