General Information and Resources
- Assistive Technology page from HLAA
- How does a Deaf or hard-of-hearing person use technology? from Level Access
- Auditory Disabilities and what you need for accessibility from Telerik
- How do Deafblind people use technology? from Level Access
- "How Facebook Allows Me to Connect with People in Ways My Deafness Prevents": article by Christina Teani in Huffington Post about uses of on-line technology.
- How to handle an in-person meeting with hearing loss from Living With Hearing Loss (January 2020)
- How to make your corporate meetings accessible to people with hearing loss from Convene (January 2020)
- Captioned telephones from ALDA (May 2020)
- A Video Phone makes ASL communication easy
- Sorenson Video Phone
- "How Bionic Ears Have Changed People's Lives", Business Insider, August 11, 2014.
- "Switching on my hearing — William's cochlear implant story", BBC Ouch!: "I'm never going to be hearing. I'm never going to stop being deaf. But hopefully this little computer that now lives in my head will make life a bit easier."
- How to keep your cochlear implant working safely from Hearing Health.
- Medicare coverage, Making Hearing Aids Affordable
- Hearing Aids Funding from HLAA
- Financial Assistance for Hearing Aids, Better Hearing Institute (February 2020)
- FCC, hearing aid compatibility and telephones (October 2019)
- Build your own hearing aid maintenance kit, Hearing Direct (February 2020)
- Glittery hearing aids for dolls (October 2019)
- Putting the Cool in Hearing Aid Design: interesting designs, where is God in design?
- Got it? Flaunt it! (hearing aid design) (August 2019)
- Confidence from hearing aid designs
- How a hearing aid works, from Hearing Direct (April 2020)
- What to expect when wearing a hearing aid for the very first time, from Hearing Direct (April 2020)
Sound Systems and Hearing Loops